Search HES Program
HES Program FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions…
- Am I Qualified for the HES Program
- What Utilities Participate in the HES Program?
- Is there a Community-Based HES Program?
- How do I get Started?
1. Am I Qualified for the HES Program?
Qualifying for participation in the Home Energy Solutions Program (HES) is extremely simple and just about everyone is eligible. In order for a residential customer in Connecticut to qualify for the HES Program, they must meet the following criteria:
- Be a homeowner, or have written landlord approval to participate in the program.
- Occupy the dwelling on a full-time basis.
- Not have participated in the HES Program or another subsidized weatherization program within the past 18 months.
- Have an active electric meter and have your electric utility approve your qualification for the program.
2. What Utilities Participate in the HES Program?
Utilities that participate in the HES Program include:
- The United Illuminating Company
- Connecticut Light & Power
- Yankee Gas Company
- Connecticut Natural Gas Company
- Southern Connecticut Gas Company
- Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (Home Energy Savers Program)
If you are an Electric Municipal customer and want to participate in the program, visit HESMuni.com by clicking here.
3. Is there a Community-Based HES Program?
CRI can help in community-based fundraising efforts. CRI has developed a cooperative program to work with non-profit and other civic organizations to implement the HES Program through a local grass-roots network marketing approach.
We feel it is important to give back to the communities in which we work and live. For qualified organizations, CRI will make a donation to the designated community cause; such as school, church, youth, senior, or other appropriate programs.
To learn more about how CRI can help your organization raise money while saving energy, call our Customer Service Center at (888) 403-3500 and ask to speak with our office manager. Participation in CRI’s community-based program is subject to approval by the utility administrator(s)..
If you are a member of a community organization that is already participating in a CRI program, click on the “Schedule Your Installation” tab and follow the instructions for contacting CRI or completing the on-line application.
4. How Do I get Started?
It is very simple. Call us to get pre-approved by the utility administrator and schedule your site visit. Or, complete the online application form contained under the “Schedule Your Installation” tab.
If you have questions about the program, call us. We will help you understand the program and why your utility company is helping you save energy.
It really is that simple. Competitive Resources has the resources to guide you through the entire process. Start saving energy and money now. Contact CRI Today.